40 LITTLE THINGS THAT BRING ME HAPPINESS
It’s easy, in our day to day, to get hung up on the things that annoy us, or to complain about traffic, work, school, getting up early, etc. However, I think it’s very important to make some time to actually think about the little things that bring us joy, instead! Life is made of all those little things and moments. Today I decided to take some time out of my day to really focus on those positive, happy things and make a list that I can look back on whenever I feel sad or stressed.
These little things might not be a big deal to many people, but to me, they make a huge difference in my day and I’m so grateful for them. Sometimes we tend to just look at life as a big picture, and forget about focusing in those pieces that make it whole.
I really find that taking a few moments to ponder over these little things can make a big difference in my day and how I feel. It really changes my perspective and makes me realize how lucky I am and how many blessings I have in my life. Over the past few years, I’ve learnt to appreciate those things that I used to take for granted and I’m very happy about that change, I truly believe it’s made me a better person and just happier on the whole. These little things have the power to completely shift my energy and I hope they can make you smile, too!
- Those days when it’s super sunny but it’s not hot, it’s just slightly chilly with a light breeze and you can just wear a light jacket and enjoy being outside.
- When I’m not expecting to drink a latte that day but then somehow I’m able to get an iced latte with almond milk.
- When there’s a street where there’s always traffic and I expect it but then somehow I drive by and there’s no traffic.
- The first sip of water after an intense workout, it tastes sweet and like the best thing in the universe.
- Doing a face mask and my face feeling like baby skin afterwards. (Current faves: This one, this one, andthis one)
- When I’m with a group of friends or family members and a song starts playing, then I realize we all know the lyrics and start singing together.
- When I’m so sleepy I can’t keep your eyes open, and I finally get to lay my head in my comfy pillow and drift off.
- When I listen to a new song for the first time and I love it right away, without having to hear it a second or a third time.
- That feeling when I’m about to go on a trip abroad, and I have a bunch of exciting things planned, and there’s nothing in my life to worry about but having fun and exploring a new place.
- When my boyfriend leaves his jacket behind and I put it on and it smells like him.
- When someone holds the door open for me and then when I say thank you they smile genuinely at me.
- When the flowers start blooming in March and all the trees are colorful.
- Showering and putting on clean PJs, then laying in bed without having things to do.
- Hugging my family after coming back from a trip where I haven’t seen them in a while.
- Feeling so at ease with someone that we can both just chill in silence without the pressure of saying anything, and have it be comfortable.
- When there’s an empty parking spot right in front of the entrance of where I’m going to, and it’s really easy to park there, too!
- That feeling when I smell something I haven’t smelt in a while and it immediately transports me to the last place I smelt it at and I feel like I’m back there again.
- Lighting a scented candle after a long day. (Some really good ones: this one, this one and this one!)
- When my barista knows my name and my order.
- When I cut an avocado in half and it’s perfect!
- Tea with honey and vanilla.
- Putting on a cashmere sweater and feeling all cozy and soft.
- When I’m driving by myself, a really good song comes on and I sing it at the top of my lungs because nobody can hear me.
- Finding old journals from when I was a kid and reading about all the stuff going on back then and how my life used to be so different.
- Sweet potato fries.
- Getting a manicure and have my nails look 100% perfect.
- When it’s the weekend and my body naturally wakes up early but super rested.
- When my phone vibrates, I check it, and it’s a text from my favorite person.
- Laughing so hard that I don’t even make any noise and I can’t breathe.
- When I fall asleep on a plane right before it takes off and wake up right after it lands.
- When my feet are cold and I put on warm socks, fresh out of the dryer.
- When my cat is sleepy, laying down beside me and he lets me rub his tummy without biting me.
- When I see girls supporting girls and being legitimately happy for each other.
- The feeling of nostalgia and familiarity when I re-read a Harry Potter book.
- When I have a conversation with someone and it just flows super easily, like both of us have so much to say and we get all excited.
- Taking a great picture on the first try.
- Cats’ and dogs’ paws.
- That feeling on the first morning of the weekend when I know I still have 2 free whole days ahead of me.
- When I say hi to a dog on the street and they get super excited and happy.
- Watching Disney movies from when I was little and singing along with the songs.
I have a lot more, but I’ll stop here so it doesn’t get too long. I hope you enjoyed this list What are some of the little things that bring you happiness?
Thanks for reading, have a great Sunday!